Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Broken



I love you.
Simple.
I love you and that terrifies me.
I've been broken so many times and my pieces can't take another coat of super glue.
I love you.
I'm fragile.
You toss me around and place me carelessly on the edge- as if I won't shatter if I fall.
It's hot and I feel like the glue is melting.
I love you.
Simple.
I'm on my side, rolling and wondering, "Where is my shroud of bubble wrap?"
That's when it happened.
I shattered.
There are pieces everywhere and a few too broken to piece together.
I thought you knew I was breakable, I was already broken.
Now I'm waiting.
Waiting to be swept up and tossed.
Waiting to be glued back together.
Waiting to be melted down and reformed into something new.
Something unbreakable.
I'm waiting.
Broken and shattered. I'm waiting.
I love you.
Simple.
I love you.
Grab a broom.
Put me at the top of your "to-do" list.
Anything.
Something.
Something is better than nothing.
This nothing is allowing me to disintegrate.
This nothing is dragging me, broken and shattered.
This nothing is killing me.
I love you.
Simple.
Help me or throw me away.
Please don't leave me here.
Fragile and broken.
Thought you knew that when you brought me home.
Waiting….


No comments:

Post a Comment